The FSC Chain-of-Custody (CoC) certification enables Arctic Paper mills to:
- Determine and control the origin of FSC-certified material
- Show our customers that we comply with the applicable FSC standards covering purchase, production and sales of FSC-products.
- Use the FSC trademark for labelling of our FSC-products
Read more about FSC worldwide
PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification schemes)
is a global system that promotes sustainable forest management - environmentally, socially beneficial and economically viable management of forests for present and future generations - through independent third party forest certification.
The PEFC Chain-of-Custody (CoC) certification enables Arctic Paper mills to provide our customers with information about the origin of the raw material. The CoC certification also enables us to obtain a license for labelling our PEFC-products.
Read more about PEFC worldwide
Both systems use the volume credit method; the incoming volume of certified raw material is transferred into an outgoing volume of certified paper product.
Both systems are continuously audited by third party auditors.
Responsible wood/pulp sourcing
We actively promote sustainable forestry by procurement of certified wood/pulp as well as marketing and sales of certified paper.
Arctic Paper is committed to procure wood/pulp raw material only from responsible sources and have procedures in place to avoid:
- Illegally harvested wood;
- Wood harvested in violation of traditional and civil rights;
- Wood harvested in forests where high conservation values are threatened by management activities;
- Wood harvested in forests being converted to plantations or non- forest use;
- Wood from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted.
A range of FSC and PEFC certified papers
The number of our certified products has increased since 2003 when our first Munken paper quality was certified. Since then we have worked further to FSC and PEFC certify both coated and uncoated papers and can today offer our customers a complete range of certified products. The availability of certified pulp is still limited and we are working actively to increase continuous deliveries. Today most standard products in the Amber, Arctic, G-Print, Munken, Pamo and L-Print ranges are available as FSC and PEFC certified.