Colour management by ISO or ICC
Most common today is to use ISO 12647 or use special made ICC profiles, in some cases separately but often also in combination.
• ISO 12647 will define the main part of the colour management flow but will limit the adjustment to paper to five defined paper grades.
• ICC profiles don’t define the working process but will define how colours are visualised and presented in different media and also give possibility to adjust colour for each media for display. It means then that it will be a very good tool to adjust images for each paper type and grade.
Main ideas of Arctic Paper ICC Profiles
From a paper point of view the best are to have understandings about both ISO and ICC and to use the best from each.
• Arctic Paper ICC profiles are created in an ISO calibrated production flow and press but are adapted to each Arctic paper grades.
• The strategy is to lower the TIC value and instead increase density in press.
• The result is profiles which are optimized for printability and print quality from a paper grade perspective.